Monday, March 4, 2013

Dedication

Today it's the kat speaking (the Human Girl)

Dedication


I was sitting out in a public area today and saw this old lady bringing her dogs out to soak up a bit of sunshine. She was sitting on a bench already before me, when I walked past, saw her and the dogs, went along to Starbucks, got myself a GTL, and went back to that public area... and the old lady was still sitting there with her two dogs. One was sitting under the bench (perhaps it was too hot for that dog?) whereas the other one was soaking up the sun and watching the world go by.

Eventually, the old lady started to unravel the leashes and untie them from the bench. She spent a good 15 minutes doing that. Finally, she untied the dogs, stood up and made her slow way back home.

I, a stranger to the old lady, am of the opinion that she is most probably very old, and that she has her own health problems. She walks with a limp, crooked back. Yet, she still has the dedication to take her dogs out for a bit of a sunbathing. I was deeply touched when I saw this and saw myself thirty, forty, fifty years from now. I will live with dogs, and unless my health disallows it, I will live with dogs.

My one and only concern would be dying at home alone, nobody knowing about it, then the dogs starve... or due to any accident or death that my babies will then suffer.

That old lady has a lot of dedication for her dogs, and I admire her for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment