Monday, January 28, 2013

Sai Lup

Hello everyone!

Today is Sai Lup's turn to give us an account of how he came to be!

睇漫画的時候(尤其係IQ博士)埋會有D「平常樣」同「超靚仔樣」ger? 我隻衰仔都有!哈哈哈!


Basic information:

Name: Tiny
Nicknames: Max, Sai Lup, 細粒, 細粒B, BB, "O Tufão" (the tempest)
Commonly known as: Sai Lup (細粒)
Breed: Mutt, mongrel. Has been mistaken as a Husky and a Corgi.
Birthday: Unknown, rescued on 7 April 2010

Story:

I used to live in the common area of an apartment complex. It was the guards that kept me. I never had any constant source of food. As there already were some 3 dogs in the complex prior to myself, I was at the end of the hierarchy.

The residents in that complex didn't like me. Well, some did, but most didn't. I think they didn't like that I jumped on them. However, there was a girl that would regularly come by and let me jump on her. Oh! She was so nice! She would play with me! She gave me, and the other dogs, treats, but I was never sure what the treats contained, so I never ate them. However, I liked to follow her around when she came by.

One day, some people came, surrounded me, and caught me with noose and a big net. They put me inside a car. It was big and scary! After a bumpy ride, they let me out, but as soon as a lifted up my head, I was inside an enclosed area with 5 other dogs! It was scary! I sat by the wall near the fence.

Whenever someone passed by my fence, all the other dogs would start yowling, whining and crying. It was terrible! But, soon, I assimilated to them and learnt from them. Whenever someone would walk past, I would start whining as well.

Perhaps some 10 days passed? I am unsure of the days that passed. But, the people soon put me into the car again and transported me to another place. Similarly, it was in an enclosure with other dogs, however, nobody ever walked past anymore. It seemed pretty good, not having people walk past and hearing all those cries and yowls now. However, it still felt creepy and scary!

One day, just as suddenly, they caught me and put me into a moving vehicle again. Once again, I was taken back to the first enclosure. Then I heard a voice. It was the girl that played with me! I yowled and yowled and yowled, causing all the other dogs to yowl as well! The girl was talking to someone with a white overcoat. After some pointing and talking, the girl told me "Be patient, it will be over soon!" I had nothing better to do, so I just sat down and continued to wait.

Around 2 weeks after this encounter, the same girl came back again. She had a leash in her hand. I was given a collar and the girl tied the leash to my collar. She tugged at the leash lightly and indicated that I should follow her. So I did. She took me to a car, went inside, and drove for some 15 minutes. We entered a car park, walked the rest of the way to a building. I was so scared that I pee-ed and crapped at the entrance of the building. The girl laughed and tied me to some post and started cleaning the mess I made.

We then entered the building, into an elevator, and out again... A door was opened and the girl led me into an apartment, already with 2 dogs inside. Then the girl led me to the varandah, and closed the door. Once again, being left alone, I was afraid and started yowling. After some half an hour, the girl came back, opened the door, and let me in. She pointed to a blue bed and said, "this is where you will sleep".

=====

Thoughts from Kat, "the human girl"

This would sound confusing from Sai Lup's point of view. So, I'll elaborate.

Due to some car parking issues I had at home, I used to park my car over at my Aunt's place. So it was at her apartment complex that I first saw Sai Lup. Whenever I had to use my car I had to walk over to my Aunt's place to pick up my car (and park it back there again then walk home). Nobody really knows how he came to the apartment complex. The nearest likely story I got was, the guard got off the bus one day and saw the dog roaming around, so he took it with him to the apartment complex.

One day, for some reason, I was clicking through the Municipal Kennel's website, and saw one of the photos of "recent caught dogs"... it looked familiar... and I decided to go back to the apartment complex to verify... the guards said yes, Sai Lup was caught by the Municipal Kennel... I was heart-broken as he was quite a friendly dog, and I would play with him a lot. I offered the guards there that I would pay for his license and get him back, but one of them just said, "the dog is awful sick, with mange and un-tameable. You're not going to 'breakeven' with him, so it's not worth it to invest in the licensing money."

I was shocked to hear this kind of reasoning. Quoting Schindler, "when you know people, you have to behave towards them like human beings," I personally think the same goes for dogs. I knew I had to act fast. I didn't know exactly when Sai Lup was caught, so he could very well be on the "deathlist" already.

I called the Municipal Kennel and learnt that he was transferred already to the island satellite kennel (where the euthanasia takes place) and immediately placed a request to adopt him. Soon, he was transferred back to the peninsula kennel, and after my verifying that he is the dog I would like to adopt, they started with the paperwork, quarantine, de-sexing and chipping the dog.

Officially, he is named as Tiny but in reality we call him by "Sai Lup" (meaning "Tiny" in Cantonese). After welcoming him to our household, he is no longer as "Tiny" as he used to be... hahaha...

And the requisite Sai Lup photos

iphone_photo Sleeping Max Max tackling Psyduck

IMG_3622 IMG_3640 :-) Max sleeping?

Zzzzz... THIEF!!!!!!!!! Good night! #ilovemydog #ifuckinglovemydog #dog #dogslife #dogstagram #instadog #mongrel

Washy washy! #dog #dogslife #dogstagram #instadog #petstagram #instapet #ilovemydog #ifuckinglovemydog #dogwashing #dogbathing #wetdog "what you looking at!?" #dog #dogslife #dogstagram #petstagram #instadog #instapet #dinner I want fooooood!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment